Tuesday 21 May 2013

Techsoft Designing

Techsoft Designing

1. I used a software called 'Techsoft 2D design'. It is a quick and easy software which you can use to design, in this case, I used 'Techsoft 2D design' to design the acrylic which I am going to use on my lamp.

2. I started off selecting 'grid lock' and I then drew a square which measured 160x140. The square was going to be my acrylic base on my lamp. Because It was my acrylic base on my lamp, i copied and pasted the square so that i had 4 squares.

3. I then went onto Google images and typed in the pictures I needed for my lamp designs. In order to get line drawings, I selected, 'Search Tools', then 'Type' and finally 'Line Drawings'.

4. I copied and pasted all my images and placed them underneath the squares as I wanted to laser cut them separately so that the two different pieces of acrylic would be two different colours. 


5. I then started to label my designs. I did this so that the laser cutter knew what to cut. For example, I labelled my designs as:

Purple Background
Transparent
Opaque
Engraved
Cut
Separate
Glued on ...

6. Once I completed all my labeling, I saved my work on the shared drive and my work had been sent to the laser cutter to be cut.



Line Drawings on Google Images

Acrylic
Laser Cutter

Techsoft 2D design




No comments:

Post a Comment