Thursday 16 May 2013

How I made my lamp frame

How I made my lamp frame!


  1. Firstly, I collected all my wood pieces:
  • X4 160mm of pine wood
  • X4 100mm of pine wood
2.   Then I labelled my chosen pieces with my name on it so that I would not get my work mixed up with others work.

3. I numbered the corners of my wood pieces so that I knew where to attach all the corners of my wood together.

4. Next, I drew crosses on my wood where I was going to drill into for the dowels.

5. I then went over to the drilling machine and drilled into the center of all the crosses on every piece of wood. I drilled holes twice into all 8 pieces of wood so that I could place dowels inside. The dowels are a part of a dowel joint which is look like little pegs coming out of wood. The dowel joint is strong and sturdy and that is why I am going to use it.



Rectangular Wooden Lamp Frame

Dowel Joint

6. After the drilling I moved onto making my dowels. I was given a piece of dowel and I had to mark lines on the dowel but the gap between had to be 15mm (1.5cm). The dowel was the joint I was going to use for my lamp. 

7. After I marked my dowels, I collected my equipment:
  • Bench Hook
  • Tenon Saw
I placed the Bench Hook into the Vice and placed my dowel stick on the Bench Hook. I then started cutting on the lines that I marked untill I had completed all pieces of dowel.


Vice

Bench Hook




Tenon Saw








No comments:

Post a Comment